Nine lawmakers of the Imo state House of Assembly, have defected to the All Progressives Congress, APC, just as the Deputy speaker of the House, Okey Onyekanma, resigned his position.
in Owerri, was at the House of Assembly to capture the defection drama, as more lawmakers are said to have prepared to move to APC, soonest.
The defection started around 15:30 pm when the Speaker of the House, read the letters of the decampees at the floor of the House.
Apart from the announcement of the defectors the speaker announced the screening of the Attorney General of Imo State, Cyprain Akaolisa, as appointed by the governor, Hope Uzodinma.
However, reasons of their defection was comprehensively unknown.
The members who defected are:
1) Nwangele LGA: Chyna IWUANYANWU PDP – APC
2) Ideato North LGA. Innocent Egwim AA – APC
3) Okigwe LGA: Chidem EMELUMBA PDP – APC
4) Nkwerre LGA : Obinna Okwara AA – APC
5) Onuimo LGA : Paul Emeziem APGA – APC
6) Orsu LGA : Ekene Nnodumele – APGA – APC
7) Ideato South LGA: Duru Johnson is AA – APC
cool Isu LGA: SN Obiefule AA – APC
9) Ohaji-Egbema LGA: Herculus Okoro PDP – APC