The former Governor of Imo State, Emeka Ihedioha, of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, has gone back to the Supreme Court, seeking to be returned as the Governor of the State. He he approached the Apex Court on Friday, based on the following reasons.
1. That Hope Uzodinma was not the All Progressives Congress, APC, Candidate, and was not a Candidate of any party, in the 9th March Governorship election in Imo State, based on the judgement of the same Supreme Court on 20th December, 2019.
2. That Uche Nwosu was declared as the rightful Candidate of the APC and Action Alliance, AA, and was disqualified for double candidature.
3. That APC could not have produced 2 Candidates in one election.
4. That the Supreme Court has no power to allocate votes to any Candidate.
5. That the Supreme Court has no power to increase the number of people accredited by the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC.
6. That somebody that was not a Candidate in an election, cannot be the winner of an election he was not a Candidate.
7. That the Nigerian Police has no power to organise elections in Nigeria.
8. That results tendered by a Police Officer cannot be admitted in any court as exhibit, as he is not an INEC Officer.
Based on the above facts that are still subsisting, Ihedioha and the PDP have applied for a review, and he may return to his Office as the duly elected Governor of Imo State