The Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed, has said on Monday, in Makurdi, the Benue State capital, that Global powers are deliberately blocking Nigeria’s moves to acquire the needed armament to end terrorism and insurgency, .
Speaking with Newsmen on the side-line of a visit he paid to the Governor of Benue State, Samuel Ortom, the Minister said that the action of the World Powers is deleterious and frustrating Nigeria’s resolve to end the twin-menace, as well as end extremism.
He stated that notwithstanding the frustrations, the President Muhammadu Buhari Federal Government would fight terrorism and insurgency to a logical conclusion.
His words: “We will never stop protecting lives and livelihoods. However, we must also understand that we are dealing with terrorists who are financed globally, and we also need more support from global partners.
“For instance, Nigeria had made attempts to acquire better and more effective platforms to deal with the terrorists, but for one reason or the other, we have been denied this platforms.”
The Minister also condemned the “mindless killing of innocent Nigerian Farmers by extremists, in Borno, last week”.
He said: “What actually happened in Borno was quite unfortunate, but we also have to look at the strategy of the terrorists.
“Terrorists use media and publicity as oxygen, and so, when they go on this kind of mindless killings, a dying terrorist group will suddenly spring to life.
“This does not mean the government is not doing enough.
“Terrorists everywhere have the same concept, which is a group of people who are extremists, and do not believe that you and I should be alive.”
More news later…