President Muhammadu Buhari, has approved the appointment of Mohammed Umar, as the Acting Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC,
In a statement on Friday, by Umar Jibrilu Gwandu, the Media Aide to Abubakar Malami, the Attorney-General of the Federation, AGF, and Minister of Justice, said that the appointment of Umar takes immediate effect.
The following are important things to know about the new EFCC boss:
1. Mohammed Umar is a devoted Muslim.
2. Mohammed Umar is from Kano State, in the North-Western part of Nigeria.
3. Mohammed Umar is a Deputy Commissioner of Police in the Nigeria Police Force.
4. He served as the EFCC Director of Operations until his recent appointment.
5. Umar was the Second Most Senior Official at the Agency, based on “EFCC’s hierarchy”, and has represented Magu at several events on previous occasions.